Slash the cost of EV charging
Here at Cord, we love taking the opportunity to tell the world about ways to reduce the cost of EV charging in the UK. That’s why we’re delighted that a new drive to increase the number of chargepoints in the country is gathering pace.
The UK Government’s Workplace Charging Scheme (WCS) is a core feature of the Plan for Drivers. The scheme includes generous grants for state-funded educational institutions to cover the cost of purchasing and installing electric vehicle chargepoints.
How it works
If you’re a state-funded school, college, nursery or educational institution, you can apply for a grant to cover up to 75% of the costs associated with buying and installing EV charging facilities.
- Claim up to £2,500 per socket
- Use the funds to cover the cost of installing up to 40 sockets across all sites
- Claim your grant voucher, and use it with the EV charging company of your choice
Is your institution eligible for a WCS Grant?
Available to institutions in the four home nations of the UK, the grant is issued under the following conditions:
- You have a demonstrable need for EV charging
- You need EV charging facilities for off-street parking areas linked to your institution
- An EV charging expert such as Cord has surveyed your site and deemed it suitable
- You haven’t already applied for an EV infrastructure grant in relation to the same charging areas
- You have the authority to apply for a WCS grant
- Your institution has received less than £315,000 in financial assistance during the previous three years before your application
This is a great time to install EV chargepoints. The first grants issued by the Local Electric Vehicle Infrastructure (LEVI) Fund are great news for EV drivers, the country and the environment. In addition, EV chargepoint companies such as Cord can now carry out street works with a permit instead of a licence — speeding up and simplifying the process considerably.
Why choose Cord as your EV charging provider?
We work with schools, colleges, nurseries and academies across the country, so we have first-hand experience of the Workplace Charging Scheme and the grants it provides.
We’ll work with you to ensure your grant funds are spent wisely. As one of the country’s most trusted EV charging providers, we offer a range of impressive benefits that guarantee efficient and reliable charging infrastructure for educational institutions.
- All our chargers are compatible with all EVs
- Charging with Cord equipment is quick and simple — thanks to our automated charging software
- Just plug in and wait — Cord does everything else!
- Choose from a selection of charging speeds, depending on the nature of your institution’s needs, including AC and DC options
- Premium quality EV charging equipment backed up by a five-year warranty
- Credit and financing options available
- Vast experience working with schools, nurseries and colleges
Bespoke EV charging solutions for educational institutions
In our experience, no two schools or colleges have the same EV charging requirements. Issues such as parking facilities, the layout of premises and the number of EVs in operation all influence the solutions we create.
But there’s no need to worry. Whether you’re in charge of a nursery or a local academy, one of our EV charging experts will take the time to understand your specific needs before tailoring a solution just for you.
By giving your teams access to high-quality, cost-effective EV charging solutions, you’re not only providing a valuable service — you’re playing a leading role in the move towards a greener future. And we’ll be proud to take this journey with you.
Create an additional revenue stream with EV charging
We know how tight budgets are in schools and colleges these days. Every penny counts in the pursuit of educational excellence, which is why we’re proud to offer a simple way to generate additional income.
Our advanced app puts you in control of EV charging across all your sites. We have developed sophisticated back-office software that allows you to generate money from the general public.
Cord gives you the power to set different charging rates for staff, parents and the general public. Manage charging queues and monitor usage costs — our software will do the rest.
This is a great time to establish EV charging infrastructure with Cord
The Workplace Charging Scheme offers generous grants for the purchase and installation of EV charging facilities. This isn’t just a great service to provide staff, parents and students — it’s also a relatively easy way to generate funds for improvements to your institution.
Whether you’re ready to proceed or you’d like our insights into the WCS initiative, we’d love to hear from you. Claim your slice of the £381m Local Electric Vehicle Infrastructure Fund, and let’s work towards a greener future together.