Our contact details
Name: Cord Power Technologies Ltd
Address: International House, Colmore Row, Birmingham, B3 3AP
Phone Number: 0330 102 5656
The type of personal information we collect
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Identity Data: such as names, usernames.
- Contact Data: like addresses, email addresses, and phone numbers.
- Technical Data: including IP addresses, browser type, operating system.
- Usage Data: detailing how you use our website.
- Marketing Data: showing your marketing preferences.
- Transaction Data: details about payments from you and details of products and services you have purchased from us.
- Installation Data: information about your home related to the safe and legal installation of an EV charger.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health, and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you, and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with goods or services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
How we get the personal information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- Directly from you (e.g., when you sign up or fill out forms).
- Automatically (e.g., when navigating our site, via cookies).
- From third parties or public sources such as:
- Analytics providers such as Google based outside the UK
- Search information providers such as LinkedIn (where you are an employee of a company to whom we sell or wish to sell our products and services).
We also receive personal information indirectly, from the following sources in the following scenarios:
- Home survey subcontractor – if you purchase an EV charger we will complete a home survey using an approved subcontractor.
- Installation subcontractor – if you purchase an EV charger we will complete installation using an approved subcontractor.
We will only use your personal data when the law allows, most commonly:
- To fulfill a contract with you.
- For our legitimate business interests.
- To comply with legal obligations.
Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data although we will get your consent before sending third party direct marketing communications to you via email or text message. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us.
Purposes for which we will use your personal information:
We have set out below, in a table format, a description of all the ways we plan to use your personal information, and which of the legal bases we rely on to do so. We have also identified what our legitimate interests are where appropriate.
Note that we may process your personal information for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data. Please contact us if you need details about the specific legal ground we are relying on to process your personal information where more than one ground has been set out in the table below.
|Type of Data
|Lawful basis for processing including basis of legitimate interest
|To register you as a new customer
|Performance of a contract with you
To process, perform and deliver your order including:
(a) Manage payments, fees and charges
(b) Collect and recover money owed to us
(a) Performance of a contract with you
(b) Necessary for our legitimate interests (to recover debts due to us)
To manage our relationship with you which will include:
(b) Asking you to leave a review or take a survey
(c) Notifying you when your warranty is about to expire and to provide you with options to extend your warranty.
(a) Performance of a contract with you
(b) Necessary to comply with a legal obligation
(c) Necessary for our legitimate interests (to keep our records updated and to study how customers use our products/services)
|To administer and protect our business and this website (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data)
(a) Necessary for our legitimate interests (for running our business, provision of administration and IT services, network security, to prevent fraud and in the context of a business reorganisation or group restructuring exercise)
(b) Necessary to comply with a legal obligation
|To deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve to you
(d) Marketing and Communications
|Necessary for our legitimate interests (to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them, to grow our business and to inform our marketing strategy)
|To use data analytics to improve our website, products/services, marketing, customer relationships and experiences
|Necessary for our legitimate interests (to define types of customers for our products and services, to keep our website updated and relevant, to develop our business and to inform our marketing strategy)
|To make suggestions and recommendations to you about goods or services that may be of interest to you
(f) Marketing and Communications
|Necessary for our legitimate interests (to develop our products/services and grow our business)
We strive to provide you with choices regarding certain personal information uses, particularly around marketing and advertising.
Promotional offers from us
We may use your Identity, Contact, Technical, Usage and Profile Data to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which products, services and offers may be relevant for you (we call this marketing).
You will receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us or purchased goods or services from us and you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
We will get your express opt-in consent before we share your personal information with any third party for marketing purposes.
You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you.
Where you opt out of receiving these marketing messages, this will not apply to personal information provided to us as a result of a product/service purchase, warranty registration, product/service experience or other transactions.
Disclosures of your personal information
We may share your personal data with the parties set out below for the purposes set out below:
- Business partners, service providers, and affiliates, to fulfil a contract of sale.
- Third parties in case of a business sale or purchase.
- To satisfy legal, regulatory, or reporting requirements, for example your DNO (distribution network operator) and/or OZEV (office for zero emission vehicles).
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
How we store your personal information
Your information is securely stored.
We keep information relating to the installation of product for a period of 6 years. We will then dispose your information by deleting this information
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access - You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification - You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure - You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing - You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing - You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability - You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk
Changes to this Policy
Any changes to this policy will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by email.