Great news - if you live in a flat or rent your property, are a workplace or a school - you may be eligible for significant savings by using a Government grant.
Live in a flat or rent your property? Save £350 with OZEV funding
We’re on a mission to bring affordable EV charging to homes across the UK, but did you know that you could be entitled to a further £350 off the cost of your Cord EV charger if you own or rent a flat, or live in a rental property?
With the OZEV grant - also known as the EV charge point grant - the government is helping owners or renters of flats to join the home charging revolution with more affordable costs!
You'll need the landlord's permission - and we've created a handy letter you can send to them here.
All you need to do is meet three simple criteria:
- Live in a flat that you own or rent, or in a rental property.
- Have a private, off-street parking space allocated to the property.
- Own an eligible electric vehicle.
- Click here to find out more about the OZEV grant.
Are you a business? Save up to £14,000 with OZEV funding
The Workplace Charging Scheme (WCS) is a voucher-based scheme designed to provide eligible applicants with support towards the up-front costs of the purchase and installation of electric vehicle (EV) charge points. The scheme's main goal is to increase the availability of charging infrastructure for EV users.
- The WCS provides a contribution of 75% towards the cost of each charging socket up to a maximum of £350.
- Applicants can claim for up to 40 sockets, meaning businesses could potentially receive support of up to £14,000 (40 sockets x £350).
- Applicants need to have dedicated off-street parking for staff, demonstrate a need for electric vehicle charging equipment, or have an intention to promote its uptake among their staff or fleet in the future.
- The scheme is available to organizations located in England, Wales, Scotland, or Northern Ireland
Once the installation is completed, we will claim the cost back from OZEV by presenting the voucher. The amount will then be deducted from the total installation cost, reducing the amount payable by your business or organisation. Click here to find out more about the WCS grant.
Are you a state funded school or education institute? Save up to 75% off per chargepoint, up to £100,000 with OZEV funding
Thanks to the Government extending the grants available for most state schools, nurseries, colleges and academies - you can reduce the cost of installing EV chargepoints by up to 75%, or £2500 off each charging socket.
In line with the Workplace Charging Scheme, you can claim the following: -
- Up to 75% / £2500 off each charging socket.
- Maximum of 40 sockets per site - saving up to £100,000.
This is available to schools across England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.
To check eligibility, please view the Gov website.